This section covers running the game as the Game Master.
- The Ladder The Ladder is a table of difficulty numbers and descriptions of those difficulty levels.
- Building Encounters A lot of the time, encounters in SGS are determined not by what would get the characters the right number of experience points, but by what makes sense in the situation.
- Skinning Skinning is the process of glossing over the specifics of upper-layer rules and narrating something similar but different.
- Rewarding Players Players like to feel rewarded for the challenges they overcome, and they like to see when their characters change and grow.
- Character Death SGS games are by default not very deadly. This is intentional.